<$BlogRSDURL$>


Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tango 8 

The latest volume of the ever fine Australian comics anthology Tango was released last week. This one is on the theme of "Love and Food" and includes a one pager by me. The roundup of Australian comic artists in the book is truly remarkable, with so many familiar - but unexpected names - along with some diverting new storytellers. It well reflects where Australian independent comics are now.

Mine is a wordless, short and sweet piece. The execution of the concept is probably a bit influenced by the bird and animal cartoons of the great English cartoonist (and designer of R&L cereal toys), Harry Hargreaves, though the content is rather different. Someday I'd like to do a proper write-up of Hargreaves, an amazing artist. My favourite version of The Wind in the Willows is illustrated by him.

And so this is Christmas. I haven't done a lot - the Tango piece being my only new comics work in 2008. It hasn't been a great year all in all, but I know I'm not alone in thinking this :).

Take care, all!

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
I hope you had a very merry Christmas Ian!
 
Hi Ian,

Here's wishing you a peaceful and wonderful new year's eve celebration and all the best and full of more blessings in the year 2009-

Best regards
 
Cool beans- keep up the good work
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?