<$BlogRSDURL$>


Thursday, August 03, 2006

RNRFs 13 

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingHere's a couple of panels from Episode 13 (August, 2006) of Dillon Naylor's Rock 'N' Roll Fairies, which I've been drawing for the past year in Total Girl magazine.

Yesterday, we were over having a cuppa at the house of one of J's friends, after dropping her home from school. J's friend asked me about drawing Manga, so I looked at her sketches (pretty good) and drew a few pictures for her. Then I mentioned the Rock 'N' Roll Fairies and sketched Summa, Winter and Monty. She went off and found an issue that I'd drawn, which really impressed her (J. and L. are a bit over it, as I'm always sitting around drawing :)).

I've very much enjoyed drawing the Fairies, but all good things must come to an end, and this will be my final continuous episode of the RNRFs - 27 pages done over 13 episodes - though I may guest on this strip again at some future time. Dillon's back drawing the Fairies from next month, and not a beat has been missed!

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingIt's been a great experience and learning curve, working in a slightly different style and with someone else's characters. It probably helped that I came to this series already with a familiarity for the strip, and a love for the characters. Again, thanks, Dillon for the opportunity to work with these guys for a whole year! Now, I'd kind of like a crack at drawing an Uncle Scrooge adventure... :)

Labels:


Comments:
Love it, and thanks for visiting. :-) Glad I could help with the reframe on IF. :-))
 
Thanks! Hmm, wherever there are Rock 'N' Roll Fairies there is likely to be a Ramone :).
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?