<$BlogRSDURL$>


Friday, May 04, 2012

Maelstrom 

Photobucket

While I'm not a fan of the new Timeline layout of Facebook, I have found the space for cover pictures tempting, in terms of displaying some artwork. Here's a sketch I did this week of some characters from long ago - Maelstrom, The Theow, Maia and Emerald - looking towards Bramthorn.

This would have made a good picture for "Return" for Illustration Friday a few weeks ago, now I think about it. I enjoyed revisiting these characters after so much time has passed.

Labels:


Comments:
Wow, really great to see these characters again...after so long.
 
Thanks, Mr. Cardell! It was a long, long time ago. The second issue, which this scene relates to, was drawn in 1984-1985.

I miss these guys, but the style was very limiting to the extent that I feel disinclined to finish the unpublished issues now, let alone complete the saga. Doing this picture in a different style made me realize how well these characters work in colour though.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?